Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Mother's Words for Stronger Daughters

Sometimes we have time to sit and think. I've recently been moving at rapid pace, thinking. While I push through with my plans, I'm dealing with emotions that I wasn't prepared for. I've tried to put my mental stress on hold while I've been moving at this fast pace. Pushing through everyday trying my best to stay focused, positive, and myself. I've been told before to really look at what you're going through and face your emotions. I figured that the first step would be to ask myself, why am I so upset, what is really bothering me, or what's the root of issue?

It hit me pretty quick one day. I was driving through town when a peaceful thought came to mind. What I figured out, I had no idea would be linked to my family. We were sitting at the dinner table when my sister and I both addressed our issues with the same thought. She was going through a friendship break up and me, a relationship break up. My sister and I came to the same realization. Our Mom didn't raise us this way! Our Mom taught us to work through issues, give it your best shot, to not back down. My Mom didn't raise me to leave someone you care about or better yet, love, becuase things got hard. My Mom taught us to deal with issues head on and not to give up just because the tough got going. She taught us to stand for what we believe in even if that meant standing alone. Most important, she taught us that words are powerful. She used to tell us "it's not what you say, its how you say it." I refrence that phrase quite often. She always said to us to "be the better person." These phrases are embedded in my brain and I refer to them quite often. These quotes are made to build strong daughters.

My sister and I both said it at the same time, "Mom you raised us better then that." I'm the second oldest of 4 and the 2nd of 3 daughters. My mom is a proud mother of 4 and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment